ADVANCED DOULA TRAINING
Dive deeper into your doula profession with these advanced doula trainings.
MORNING SESSION (9am-12:30pm)
Conscious Business Tools for Doulas: How to establish and maintain a doula practice that is mission driven and financially successful at the same time.
Doulas do not need to choose between being successful or mission driven.
In this workshop we will explore provocative and practical topics like:
- Defining what success means to you
- Clarity in your business goals and strategies
- Brand Identity and How to Set yourself apart
- Confidence building & interpersonal skills for interviews, prenatal visits, and working with medical staff
- Navigating Social Media Platforms & how to use them to your advantage
- Back ups – how, when and who
- Social Responsibility
In a time where authenticity is key to success, come discover your unique identity as a doula and how touse it to propel your career!
AFTERNOON SESSION (1:30pm-5pm)
Change of Plans: When your client’s birth plan shifts
Doulas often times assist their clients in adjusting to changes in their labors. Managing our own and our clients' expectations, as well asunderstanding their priorities, will optimize their experience and lead to a positive impact.
- How far is too far? - Pain tolerance, coping skills and when clients are not able to cope w/ labor (coping well with labor?)
- Medical Inductions – Practical aspects of supporting families through this process including: when to join (when to join them in labor, how doulas can help, and common medications used
- How doulas advocate and maintain a professional role (while maintaining a professional role?)
- Support doulas may need in navigating induction
Refund Policy : Our trainings are NON REFUNDABLE, but if you are unable to attend, we can transfer you to another workshop at a later date. This is the policy as our workshops sell out and we turn potential students away.